What to Expect in the Hospital
If possible, keep your baby with you at all times.
Give your baby every opportunity to suck at your breast
- Babies need to suck
- It's nature's way of getting rid of meconium and brining in breastmilk
- Mothers need the baby to suckle to:
- Create the receptors for milk production
- Start milk production
- Contract the uterus back to its pre-pregnancy size
Need help while in the hospital
- Ask the hospital if they have a lactation consultant or someone else who can help you breastfeed.