Is Your Baby Getting Enough Milk?
Is Your Baby Getting Enough Milk
Su Bebé Toma Suficiente Leche
- You can tell your baby is getting enough milk by her weight gain and the number of diapers she uses.
- Most babies lose a few ounces in the first few days. Around day 4, your baby should be gaining weight, getting back to her birth weight by 10 to 14 days of age.
- The first week your baby’s stools will change:
- Day 1-2; Black, thick, and sticky
- Days 3-4; Greenish to yellow and less thick
- By Day 5; Mustard or yellow, seedy and watery.
- When to feed Your baby:
- Feed your baby when she is hungry. Breastfeed your newborn baby 10 or more times in a 24-hour period.
- If your baby is sleeping a lot, you may need to wake her up for some feedings.
- Let your baby decide when she is ready to eat and when to end the feeding.
- More Information on Hunger Baby Cues