Press Conference Today Urging Contra Costa Residents to Keep Safe from COVID-19
Friday, July 31, 2020
Note to Editors: Contra Costa Health Services (CCHS) will host a press conference encouraging county residents to keep safe from COVID-19 at 2 p.m. at West County Health Center, 13601 San Pablo Ave. in San Pablo. The conference will be held outside with space for journalists to practice safe physical distancing. Video of the conference will be available this afternoon at cchealth.org/coronavirus.
With local data showing that community transmission of COVID-19 is accelerating in Contra Costa, community leaders and health officials are urging county residents to follow the local and state health guidance to protect their families and communities – it saves lives.
In Contra Costa and across the nation, historically marginalized communities are experiencing the most pronounced impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Today local community leaders are calling on the public to take COVID-19 seriously, and take steps to keep healthy and safe:
- Stay home from work or school if you feel sick
- Wash your hands often
- Wear facemasks whenever you are near someone outside your immediate household
- Observe physical distancing outside the home and do not make unnecessary trips or visits
- Get tested and follow the health instructions if you test positive or were exposed to someone who tested positive
- Shannon Ladner-Beasley, Program Manager, Contra Costa Health Services Career Pathways
- Erika Hernandez, Community Health Advocate/Health Promoter, Lifelong Medical Care
- Dr. Desmond Carson, Physician, Lifelong Medical Care
- District 1 Supervisor John Gioia, Contra Costa Board of Supervisors
2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, July 31, 2020
West County Health Center, 13601 San Pablo Ave., San Pablo. The conference will be held outside the building.
# # #