County Announces Sites for Donating Protective Equipment and Supplies for Healthcare Providers
Monday, March 23, 2020
Note: No interviews will be provided prior to the briefing.
Contra Costa County will announce the opening of three donation sites for protective medical supplies in West County, Central County and East County. The Regional Center of the East Bay, which serves developmentally disabled residents of Contra Costa and Alameda counties, will be distributing medical gloves donated by Bay Area company along with other medical equipment.
12:45 p.m., March 23, 2020
The George Miller Center, 3020 Grant St., Concord
On Tuesday, March 24, Contra Costa Health Services will begin accepting donations of protective equipment and supplies for use by healthcare providers throughout the county.
Businesses and residents are encouraged to donate only the following types of protective medical supplies:
- Eye protection, such as goggles and face shields
- Antibacterial and disinfecting wipes, typically alcohol or bleach based (unopened). NO baby wipes.
- N-95 and surgical masks (in unopened containers/boxes)
- Medical gowns: Disposable gowns, as well as cloth surgical and hospital gowns in good condition
Donation centers will be open Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at:
- West County: 151 Linus Pauling Drive, Hercules
- Central County: 1750 Oak Park Blvd., Pleasant Hill
- East County: 4545 Delta Fair Blvd., Antioch
Recognizing the urgent need all healthcare providers have for protective equipment, Bay Area company donated 350,000 medical gloves that will be distributed throughout Contra Costa County. Their donation is one example of the commitment organizations of all sizes have to support readiness efforts.
Please call the Contra Costa Health Services call center at 844-729-8410 with questions about what protective equipment will be accepted. Donation sites will be staffed by county employees.
# # #