Tuesday, November 6, 2018
The Contra Costa Council on Homelessness will hold a free reception with an art exhibit, awards and light refreshments before the Nov. 13 Board of Supervisors meeting to honor volunteers and organizations that improve the lives of homeless county residents.
The council and Contra Costa Health Services' Division of Health, Housing and Homeless Services (H3) will recognize the recipients of three new awards as part of the county's observance of National Homelessness Awareness Month:
- Volunteer Award
- Landlord Award, for a property owner or manager who assists in housing residents transitioning out of homelessness
- Innovation Award, for new programs that deliver homeless services in useful new ways
The reception, in Room 105 at 651 Pine Street in Martinez, will also include a photovoice exhibit, "Call for Change," featuring pictures and personal stories from Contra Costa residents who are experiencing homelessness.
Photovoice is a form of art that combines photography with commentary from the creator to illuminate overlooked issues or aspects of the community, from the artist's perspective.
The reception begins at 8:45 a.m. and will end promptly at 9:30 a.m., when attendees are invited to move across the hall to attend the ongoing Board of Supervisors meeting.
The board will consider a resolution declaring November to be Homelessness Awareness Month in Contra Costa County.
Everyone is welcome. If you'd like to attend, please register online at https://bit.ly/2yKQMjr to help organizers prepare.
For more information, email Jaime Jenett at Jaime.Jenett@hsd.cccounty.us or call 925-608-6716.
- WHAT: Reception for Contra Costa Homelessness Awareness Month
- WHEN: 8:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, November 13
- WHERE: 651 Pine Street, Martinez, Room 105
- WHO: All are welcome to this free event
# # #