Network Provider Resources
This page contains resources for Contra Costa Mental Health Plan Network Providers ONLY.
- Contra Costa County residents in need of behavioral health services
- System of Care Providers & CBOs
- Contra Costa Health Plan (CCHP) Providers and Beneficiaries
The Care Management Unit (CMU) oversees the outpatient specialty mental health services provided by the CCMH Provider Network. The Network consists of MDs, PhDs, LCSWs, and LMFTs who may provide: Mental health assessments; individual, group or family psychotherapy; and medication management services. Approximately 25% of all beneficiaries seen within the Contra Costa Mental Health Division are served on the Network. The preferred modality of treatment is individual or family therapy. Beneficiaries must have full-scope Medi-Cal and must meet Medi-Cal medical and service necessity. Licensed clinical staff review all Assessments and Service Plans submitted by Providers for all Medi-Cal beneficiaries seen on the Network.
In addition to the Authorization Process, CMU manages the network of service providers and the claims process.
Phone: 925-372-4400 Fax: 925-372-4410
Option 1 CMU Clinician of the Day
Clinical Consultations, Eligibility, Special Requests
Option 2 Initial Authorization Requests Option 4 CMU Claims Department Option 6 CMU Provider Services
Availability, Supplies, Address updates, New Providers
Provider Portal Technical Support
Phone: 925-957-7272 Email: BHS.Support@cchealth.org
DocuStream Support (Claims submission questions)
- Interpreter Services Tip Sheet
- Interpreter Network – Language Selections
- Due Date Guidelines
- Due Dates Graphic
Network Provider Forms
- Prior Authorization Form
- Intake Form
- Annual Update
- Discharge Form
- Client Registration | Spanish
- Progress Note Form
- Change of Treatment Authorization Request
- CMS 1500 for BHS Network Providers
The Care Management "CMU Review" trainings are an opportunity for new Network Providers to learn the necessary procedures to obtain authorizations and submit claims. We also cover the features and benefits of using the county Provider Portal. Seasoned Network Providers are welcome at any time for a refresher.
CMU Review trainings:
The "Clinical Documentation and Audit Preparation" training is an opportunity for all Network Providers to review best practices in clinical documentation, how to effectively chart to Medical and Service Necessity, and create appropriate Partnership Plans. Attendance at this training will assist providers in maintaining paper charts that are audit-ready.
CMU Documentation and Audit Preparation Training:
The above trainings will be held at 30 Douglas Drive in Martinez.
To register, please contact CMU Provider Services at 925-372-4400, option 6 for Provider Services.
- Adult Scheduling Survey Responses
- DHCS Reasons for Recoupment
- DHCS Review Protocol
- Provider Portal - Guide to Procedures
- Mobile Crisis Response Team
- Video: Network Provider Isaac Burns tips for using Interpreter Line
- AEVS Eligibility Line Instructions
- Outpatient Included Diagnosis List
Provider Orientation Materials
- CMU Review Manual
- CMU Review Training
- Policy Packet
- Provider Portal Manual
- Beneficiary Protection Training Manual
- Orientation Signature Page
- Provider Portal Access Agreement
- Network Provider Training Manual