West County Adult Mental Health Services
2523 El Portal Dr., Suite 103,
San Pablo, Ca 94806
2-3 Masters level trainees (MSW) for 1st and 2nd year students.
- Minimum of 16- 24 hours per week, 2-3 days/week
- Placement available as early as Fall 2019 and can finish by end of Summer 2020,or as determined to accommodate program and Trainee needs
- Required attendance: 1 hour individual supervision per week and 1.5 hours Dialectical Behavior Therapy Consultation meeting
- Required training day of 3rd Wednesday of the month from 9am-12pm for countywide trainings
- Required participation in a multi-disciplinary team
- MSW trainees will be trained to co-facilitate our Dialectical Behavior Therapy group that meets on Thursdays
- 1st year traineeship will include conducting case management and therapy with severely mentally ill adults. 2nd year traineeship will include training to become a DBT therapist
West Contra Costa County Adult Mental Health serves a culturally diverse community. The services we provide are: medication support services, psychiatric nursing care, case management services, individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, socialization/outings, and supporting clients with learning essential independent living skills.
Trainees will learn crisis intervention skills, assessment and treatment planning, be exposed to various treatment modalities, and differential diagnosis. Trainees will have an opportunity to work with doctors, nurses, licensed therapists, and community support staff in an integrated and coordinated manner.
Mail or email cover letter, resume, and 2 letters of recommendation by 4/1/19 to:
Judy Quittman, LCSW/MPH
West County Adult Mental Health
2523 El Portal Drive
San Pablo, CA 94806