Contra Costa Suicide Prevention Committee
The Contra Costa Suicide Prevention Committee is a multi-disciplinary, multi-agency collaborative that oversees implementation of the county’s Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan.
The committee’s goals are to raise community awareness about suicide and its causes, to decrease stigma around suicide and mental health, and support the development of resources that will help reduce suicide rates in Contra Costa County.
- Create a countywide system of suicide prevention
- Increase interagency coordination and collaboration
- Implement education and training opportunities to prevent suicide
- Implement evidenced based practices to prevent suicide
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the county’s suicide prevention efforts
The committee meets monthly, usually on the fourth Friday of the month from 9-10:30 a.m., and encourages public participation. Meetings are co-chaired by representatives from the Contra Costa Crisis Center and Behavioral Health Services’ Mental Health Services Act program.
August 24, 2018 Agenda
- Contra Costa Crisis Center
- Contra Costa Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan
- Contra Costa Behavioral Health Access Line – 1-888-678-7277