Contra Costa Suicide Prevention Committee
The Contra Costa Suicide Prevention Committee is a multi-disciplinary, multi-agency collaborative that oversees implementation of the county's Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan.
The committee's goals are to raise community awareness about suicide and its causes, to decrease stigma around suicide and mental health, and support the development of resources that will help reduce suicide rates in Contra Costa County.
If you are experiencing a mental or emotional crisis or having thoughts of suicide, call 211 or text HOPE to 20121 any time of day or night.
The Contra Costa Suicide Prevention Committee is not for crisis intervention.
- Create a countywide system of suicide prevention
- Increase interagency coordination and collaboration
- Implement education and training opportunities to prevent suicide
- Implement evidenced based practices to prevent suicide
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the county's suicide prevention efforts
The committee meets monthly, usually on the fourth Friday of the month from 9-10:30 a.m., and encourages public participation. Meetings are co-chaired by representatives from the Contra Costa Crisis Center and Behavioral Health Services' Mental Health Services Act program.
July 23, 2021 Agenda June 25, 2021 Agenda May 28, 2021 Agenda April 23, 2021 Agenda March 26, 2021 Agenda February 26, 2021 Agenda January 22, 2021 Agenda March 22, 2019 Agenda Preventing Violence in California Data Brief 1
Directing Change Film Screening and Panel
A Brighter Day Lafayette Center 2019 Showcase
February 22, 2019 Agenda January 25, 2019 Agenda Empowering Parents & the community to be a part of the solution: Suicide Awareness and Prevention
Dr. Thomas Joiner's Workshop
December 7, 2018 Agenda October 26, 2018 Agenda Survivor Day Flyer September 28, 2018 Agenda August 24, 2018 Agenda
- Contra Costa Crisis Center
- Contra Costa Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan
- Contra Costa Behavioral Health Access Line – 1-888-678-7277
- A Brighter Day Brochure