It is estimated that over 300 HIV+ individuals in Contra Costa County do not know their status. The only way for anyone to know their HIV status is by getting an HIV test. Confidential, anonymous, low cost, and no cost testing is available.
HIV testing services are found in the following settings:
Private Doctor Testing is available through your primary healthcare provider. Talk to your doctor about getting tested for HIV.
Public Health Testing is available through the HIV/AIDS Program and STD Clinic. All clients receive counseling and risk reduction information before testing and when obtaining results. Spanish speaking counselors are available.
- The HIV/AIDS Program offers anonymous and confidential HIV testing. Results are available in 20 minutes.
- STD Clinic offers confidential testing for HIV and other STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). Call for an appointment at 800-479-9664.
Community Testing is available at community sites and through community-based organizations. Call 925-313-6771 for information.
- El Cerrito: Rainbow Community Center 6491 Portola Drive
Free testing is provided on the first and third Wednesday of the month from 4-8 pm.
- Richmond: Native American Health Center, 2566 MacDonald Ave. @ 26th St. Richmond, CA
Free testing is provided every second and fourth Monday from 1-4 pm.
- Concord: Rainbow Community Center 2118 Willow Pass Rd. Suite 500
Free testing is provided every Tuesday from 4-8pm. Call 925-692-0090
- Concord: Todos Santos Plaza
Free testing is provided on the first Thursday of the month from 10-2:30 pm, look for the white Contra Costa County van near the corner of Willow Pass Rd. and Mt. Diablo St. Anonymous testing is offered at this site.
- Antioch: Alano Club, 710 W. 1st. Street.
Free testing is provided every second Wednesday of the month from 9-3.
- Antioch: Sycamore Village corner of Sycamore and L Street.
Free testing is provided every fourth Thursday of the month from 1-5 pm.
Para obtener información en Español, habrá el PDF en Español abajo de "Testing Information" en esta pagina.
Don't know who to call? We can help.
Call the AIDS Program at 925-313-6771 or toll free at 800-287-0200.