HIV/AIDS & STD Program
NOTICE: Effective March 16, 2020, all HIV case management assessments will be held telephonically until further notice. All home visits and face to face appointments in clinics or in our office at 597 Center Avenue will be held over the phone. Clients are encouraged to call their care providers if they feel sick and to make sure that any existing appointments have not been rescheduled. See more information on making appointments. Please contact your case manager directly or call our front desk for further information: 925-313-6771. Updates on the Coronavirus in Contra Costa County can be found at coronavirus.cchealth.org
The HIV/AIDS & STD Program is dedicated to fostering the development, implementation, and coordination of programs to:
- Reduce the transmission of HIV and STDs.
- Provide comprehensive services for people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA).
- Enhance community awareness of HIV/AIDS to increase understanding and compassionate response.
We are committed to providing services for PLWHA in our community while reducing stigma of HIV/AIDS.
Education, Testing, and Prevention Services
Education and prevention services, including:
- Free condoms and lube
- HIV and Hepatitis C testing services
- PrEP Navigation
- Trainings for community and providers
Medical Case Management
The HIV/AIDS Program offers medical/nurse case management and referrals to a support services including:
- Access to clinic-based medical social workers and HIV early intervention services
- Enrollment in the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP)
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse Services
- Housing Support
- Food and Transportation Assistance
Be sure that you qualify for this program by meeting the following requirments:
- You are a resident of Contra Costa County and can attest to this.
- You are eligible for Medi-Cal/Medi-Care or have some form of insurance in place.
- Your total income is below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
If you are not sure of any of the above, please contact the Social Worker of the Day at 925-313-6771 to discuss more in depth.
The STD Program provides services for syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia, including:
- Treatment service and follow-up
- Partner Notification Services
- Oakland Transitional Grant Area Planning Council for Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
- Community HIV Counseling & Testing Services | Spanish
Forms for Providers
- Notification of Possible Communicable Disease Exposure
- Authorization to Disclose Medical Information
- HIV/AIDS Case Report Form (CDPH 8641A) - for HIV/AIDS reporting questions call 925-313-6771 fax 925-313-6798
- 2017-2021 Alameda and Contra Costa County Integrated HIV Prevention and Care Plan
- HIV/AIDS Epidemiology Report
- Care & Support
- Resources for Clients
- Education & Prevention
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- HIV Testing
- Partner Counseling & Referral
- Syringe Exchange
- Physician/Clinical Resources
- Contractor Resources
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD)