Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Sewage, swimming pools, restaurants/mobile food preparation vehicles, monitoring wells, groundwater testing, drilling, biohazard/needle disposal:
- Please contact the Environment Health Office at 925-692-2500
- Garbage strewn about, bags of garbage, debris. Depending on incorporated or not incorporated county property, call local garbage company or county public works
- BFI (Antioch, Pacheco, Rodeo, Martinez, Pleasant Hill, bay Point, Benicia, Clyde) 925-685-4716.
- Bayview Refuse (Kensington0 925-237-4617
- Brentwood Disposal (Brentwood) 925-634-6900
- Valley Waste Management (Alamo, Danville, Lafayette, Walnut Creek, San Ramon, Moraga, Orinda) 925- 603-1144
- Richmond Sanitary District (El Sobrante, Hercules, Pinole, Richmond, San Pablo) 510-235-2212
- Pacific Rim (Clayton) 925-372-8524
- El Cerrito 510-215-4359
- Concord Disposal (Concord, Pittsburg, Oakley, Discovery Bay) 925-682-9113
- County Public Works 925-313-2000
- Bad smell in air
- Bay Area Regional Air Quality Board Complaints: 800-334-6367
- Rats, Mice, Raccoons, Bats, Skunks, etc.
- Mosquito and Vector Control District 925-685-9301
- Mold problems
- Where can I take my paint cans, fluorescent light bulbs, used motor oil, batteries, antifreeze, pesticides, etc.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Sites:
- East County (Bay Point, Antioch, Pittsburg, Oakley, Discovery Bay, Brentwood) 925-756-1990
- West County (Rodeo, Hercules, Pinole, El Sobrante, San Pablo, Richmond, El Cerrito, Kensington, Crockett, Port Costa) 888-412-9277
- Central County (San Ramon, Blackhawk, Danville, Alamo, Orinda, Walnut Creek, Lafayette, Moraga, Pleasant Hill, Concord, Clayton, Clyde, Martinez) 800-646-1431
- Disposal Of Household Medications
- Where can I take my TV, computer, stove, microwave, hot water heater, air conditioner, etc?
- Contra Costa Transfer and Recovery Station: 925-313-8900 (possible fee)
- Community Development Dept. Solid Waste Hotline: 800-750-4096 (possible fee)
- Where can I dispose of creosote and pressure treated wood?
- Altamont Landfill and Resource Recovery Facility (Livermore) 925-455-7300
- Stockton 209-466-5192
- Where to take Household Hazardous Waste
There are main locations:
- East County - 2500 Pittsburg/Antioch Highway, Antioch, CA 94509, 925-759-1991
- Central County - Central Sanitary District, 4797 Imhoff Place, Martinez, CA 94553, 800-646-1431
- West County - 101 Pittsburg Avenue, Richmond, CA, 888-412-9277
- What are my rights as a renter regarding mold, chemicals, etc?