Continuum of Care
Openings on CoC Executive board
The Contra Costa Council on Homelessness has a number of vacancies on the Executive Board and is ready to start recruiting new members! We are looking for great people willing to bring their time and talents to the important work we are doing to end homelessness here in Contra Costa County.
Here are the open (and potentially open) seats. Our key priority is finding people who care about ending homelessness, and who bring a perspective to the group that we need, as well as talents from which the whole can benefit.
- Community Member (formerly "At Large")
- Health Care Representative
- Public Safety (formerly "Law Enforcement")
- Faith Community
- Non-Profit Homeless Service Provider (formerly "Non-Profit Developer or Homeless Service Provider")
- Business Representative (new seat)
- Consumer/Consumer Advocate (formerly "Consumer-Alternate")
- Education and Vocation Service (new seat)
Below is some information that may be helpful in understanding what the Council on Homelessness is and does:
- The Executive Board of the Council on Homelessness is appointed by the Board of Supervisors and serves for a two-year term, which may be renewed. All Executive Board members must reside, or be employed, in Contra Costa County, demonstrate a professional interest in or personal commitment to addressing and alleviating the impact of homelessness, and contribute unique expertise, opinions and viewpoints on homeless issues.
- The Board consists of 17 seats representing homeless or formerly homeless persons, health care (including behavioral health), public safety, the faith community, the faith community, the public housing authority, nonprofit homeless service providers, government, and housing providers. Members of the Board assist with and provide guidance in the development and implementation of long range planning and policy formulation of homeless issues in Contra Costa County, attend monthly meetings, participate (as needed and able) in subcommittees, and attend quarterly General Membership meetings as they are able.
- The Executive Board meets on the 4th Tuesday each month from 3:30 p.m. - 5 p.m. in Martinez. Members of the Executive Board also participate in various subcommittees (see more detail on committee structure and schedule).
If you are interested in applying to become an Executive Board member, please click here to complete an application.
The application is quick and easy to fill out, and generic so that it is applicable for any Council or Committee. Note that the application asks for "Employer's Name and Address"; however, if the experience in homelessness is in a volunteer or some other position or situation, please disregard the word "Employer" and indicate the type of experience. The application says that "A resume or other supporting documentation may be attached but it may not be used as a substitute for completing this section." If the application does not lend itself well to describing all your experience with homelessness, please feel free to attach a narrative.