What services does NFP provide?
Each mother is partnered with a Public Health Nurse early in her pregnancy and receives ongoing nurse home visits that continue through her child’s second birthday. Through individualized goal planning, life coaching, and education, NFP nurses support our mothers to successfully transform their lives and that of future generations.
Who is Eligible for NFP?
- First-time moms (28 weeks gestation or less)
- Who are eligible for Medi-Cal or WIC
How Can a Woman Access NFP Services?
Anyone can refer a woman to NFP. Women who meet the eligibility requirements can refer themselves(self-referral), or their prenatal and health care providers may refer them to the program by:
- Calling 925-608-8100 or
- Complete FMCH Referral Form.
Following the referral, pregnant women will be screened and assessed for NFP eligibility. If a woman is not eligible for NFP, she will be considered for other home visiting and support programs in Contra Costa County.
- Learn More about NFP's Program Model
- Registered Nurses (RN): America’s Most Trusted Profession
- NFP Featured in East Bay Times Article 4/12/15
- Why use Public Health Nurses?
- FMCH Referral Form
For more information: