Adolescent Family Life Program (AFLP)
Everyone has special gifts, values and dreams. The Adolescent Family Life Program with Positive Youth Development gives you the opportunity to partner with a supportive and encouraging case manager who will help you explore your goals and make decisions that are meaningful to you. This program help you find your strengths and interests so you can reach your goals.
AFLP will help you
- Think about your dreams
- Build on your personal strengths
- Manage difficult situations and overwhelming emotions
- Set goals to help you stay on track towards a healthy, successful future
We believe in you! Let's make a plan.
Topics that you will explore include
- Your Goals
- Taking Care of You and Your Baby
- Family Planning and Safer Sex
- Healthy Relationships
- Education and Job/Career
Meetings with your case manager are two times a month for one hour each in your home or a community setting. The program is voluntary, but we hope you will work with us for at least 12 months. This will give you the time and attention you deserve in creating a plan for your life. We believe in you and know you are up to the challenge.
Who is Eligible?
- Pregnant or parenting adolescents up to age 19
- Live in Richmond or San Pablo
- Not participating in Cal-Learn
For More Information
- Call the Family, Maternal and Child Health Programs office at 925-313-6254
- Email Christina.Boothman@hsd.cccounty.us
- Fax the Home Visitor Referral Form to 925-313-6910