skip to content, health centers and clinics, search, accessibility statement
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Services
  • Health Coverage
  • Connect with CCHS: 

Breaking News: Health Advisory for Contra Costa County

Last updated: November 10, 2018, 12:38 pm

The Bay Area Air Quality Management District reports that parts of our county have unhealthy air due to smoke. Please follow the following tips to protect yourself and your loved ones. Everyone, especially children, should reduce outdoor activity. Active children and adults, and people with respiratory disease such as asthma, should avoid prolonged outdoor activity. Masks are not a substitute for staying indoors. Masks such as the N-95 are not effective for untrained users and may be dangerous for people with lung or heart conditions. N-95 masks may be helpful for people who must work outdoors if properly fitted. Employees should work with their employers for direction on when/how to use N-95 masks. Seek medical attention if you experience symptoms like repeated coughing, difficulty breathing, wheezing, chest tightness, palpitations, nausea, fatigue or lightheadedness. Visit for smoke tips and for air quality in your area

Solid Waste Program FAQs

Where can I take my household hazardous waste?

There are three fixed facilities in Contra Costa County serving the community.

Delta Diablo Household Hazardous Waste Facility
2500 Pittsburg-Antioch Hwy, Pittsburg
Note: Only accepts non-controlled pharmaceuticals

Household Hazardous Waste Facility at Central Contra Costa Sanitary District
4797 Imhoff Place, Martinez
Note: Does not accept sharps

West Contra Costa Resource Recovery Central Processing Facility
101 Pittsburg Avenue, Richmond
Note: Only accepts non-controlled pharmaceuticals

Why is the city or county concerned about what I do on my property with the accumulation of materials or animal waste?

Garbage, trash and animal waste by state law must be removed every 7 days or be in progress of being moved.

How can I file a complaint regarding illegal dumping or a neighbor with excessive garbage on their property?

You can call Environmental Health at 925-692-2500 or you can file a complaint online.

Who do I call for problems with mosquitoes, yellow jackets, ticks, rodents, or skunks?

Call Contra Costa Mosquito and Vector Control District at 925-685-9301 or visit their website.

Where can I get information about recycling and reuse?

Visit the county recycling website or call the County Recycling Hotline at 1-800-750-4096.

Additional information specifically for West County can be obtained from the West Contra Costa Integrated Waste Management Authority website or by calling them at 925-215-3125.

Additional information specifically for Central County can be obtained from the Central Contra Costa Solid Waste Authority website or by calling them at 925-906-1801.