The mission of Contra Costa Environmental Health Division is to protect and promote the health of the people of Contra Costa County, through programs for safe food, safe water for drinking and recreation, and the sanitary management of wastes.
Environmental Health is the prevention, preservation, and improvement of environmental factors affecting the health and safety of our community. The Environmental Health Division is a regulatory agency that provides oversight for businesses and property owners to protect the health and safety of the citizens of Contra Costa County and our environment. This web site is designed to serve as a community resource for the general public, the businesses we regulate, students, and environmental health professionals. Its purpose is to address general questions and inquiries about the variety and scope of services provided by the Contra Costa Environmental Health (CCEH) as well as provide access to:
- timely information regarding hot issues,
- on-line reporting of complaints and concerns,
- information regarding the plan check and permitting process,
- up-to-date standards, state laws, regulations, and ordinances enforced by CCEH,
- links to other information sources.
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Field Staff & Plan Review Staff available, 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.