Television and the Family
Parents Have the Power... to Limit TV and Be a Healthy Family!
For more information about screen time and young children, visit the Center for Screen-Time Awareness.
Tips for limiting TV:
- Turn off the TV when nobody is watching
- Turn off the TV one night a week during dinner
- Turn off the TV during dinner
- Limit TV and video to less than two hours a day
- Take TV's out of your children's bedrooms
- Plan family activities other than watching TV
- Cancel cable TV
Let's Get Moving!
Download the WIC "Let's Get Moving" guide for great tips and suggestios to get your family moving.