Correcting or Amending Vital Registration
If you would like information on such subjects as how to correct a vital record or amend a birth certificate to reflect a legal name change, please select from the items below.
Information about Amendments, Delayed Registrations, Name Changes, and a variety of other subjects is available in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. To read any of these files, a free program called Adobe Reader is required. See our Help section if you need assistance downloading Adobe Reader.
To order amendment forms (with informational pamphlet), select OVR Forms. Please allow two weeks for delivery. You can also obtain these forms from the County Office of Vital Registration at 10 Douglas Drive, Ste #220, Martinez.
To speak with a Spanish-speaking attendant about amendment issues, please call 916-552-8192.
Type of Request
- Affidavit to Amend a Birth Record (PDF)
- Affidavit to Amend a Death Record (PDF)
- Correcting Gender Errors on Birth Certificates (PDF)
- Court Order Delayed Registration of Birth (PDF)
- Court Order Delayed Registration of Death (PDF)
- Court Order Delayed Registration of Fetal Death (PDF)
- Court Order Name Change (PDF)
- Delayed Registration of Birth (PDF)
- Obtaining a New Birth Certificate After Gender Reassignment (PDF)
- Supplemental Name Report - Birth (PDF)