Benefits of healthy birth spacing
- Baby can be born at the right time and have a healthy weight.
- Baby can develop well because Mom can give lots of attention to the baby.
- Mom will have more energy and be less "stressed out".
- Mom will have more time to bond with the baby.
- Future babies will be healthier because Mom's body had enough time to replace nutrient stores before getting pregnant again.
- Children who are adequately spaced are better prepared to begin kindergarten, and perform better in school.
- Mom has more time to spend with the child and the child receives more attention and assistance with developmental tasks.
- Families have more time to bond with each child.
- Parents have more time for each other.
- Parents can have time to themselves.
- Families can have less financial stress.