Help Reduce the Risk of SIDS
A Checklist for Parents & Caregivers:
- Place your baby on the back to sleep at night and naptime on a firm flat sleeping surface.
- Give your baby plenty of supervised play time on their stomach when awake.
- Eliminate fluffy, loose bedding and toys from your baby's sleep area.
- Be careful not to overdress or let your baby get too hot.
- Do not allow anyone to smoke around your baby.
- Breastfeed, it's the best for your baby.
- Educate babysitters, day care providers, grandparents and everyone who cares for your baby about SIDS risk.
- And don't forget to enjoy your new baby
For more information
- National SIDS Resource Center
- California SIDS Program