Geriatric Consultation Team
We assist health care providers by providing consultative psychiatric services, caregiver support training and community education.
- Provide consultative psychiatric services to elderly population in the community to avoid acute inpatient hospitalization
- Maintain elderly patients in their familiar environment
- Promote Geriatric nursing and certified nursing assistant education and training in the community
- Provide continuing support to the community caring for the elderly
- Provide caregiver support training
Aneela Ahmed, M.D.
JoAnn Thilgen, R.N.
Family Practice Residents
- Reason for consult
- Accompany team member to patient's room
- Provide current medication list
- Recent vital signs
- Brief summary - diagnosis, history, etc.
- Greet and orient team member(s)
- Need doctors orders with family approval
- We will provide initial follow up
- We will write in the SNF patient record including orders if approved by the primary care physician
- Medication Stabilization
- Unstable Agitation
- Unstable Psychosis
- Major Depression, dementia
- Any change in condition that requires immediate psychiatric intervention
Kaiser patients will be served by Kaiser
This community service is currently provided at no charge
You may download a flyer containing this information (280k PDF, 2 pp.).
2500 Alhambra Avenue
Martinez, CA 94553
Phone: 925-370-5200, Ext. 4782
Hours of Consultation Services
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.