West County Health Center
Resident-physicians in the West County Health Center learn skills essential to inner-city family practice from a group of experienced and committed family doctors, with a special emphasis placed on multi-cultural issues, poverty issues, and working collaboratively with the community.
- Located in a county-run ambulatory care center
- More than 60 years' tradition of serving the community
- 20-25 minutes drive from the Contra Costa Regional Medical Center in Martinez.
- 1:4 preceptor to resident ratio
- First year residents discuss all cases with preceptors
- Second and third year resident charts reviewed regularly
- All residents have periodic direct observations of patient encounters