Thank you for your interest in our program. We will accept completed applications through ERAS for the 2014-2015 academic year from September 15, 2014 through December 1, 2014. All applications and support documentation must be submitted via ERAS only; we will not accept faxed, mailed, emailed, or hand-delivered copies. Below are our criteria for application.
- You must apply within 5 years of graduation from medical school. (For 2014-15, you must have graduated after September 15, 2009.)
- All eligible candidates must pass each step of USMLE and/or COMLEX within two attempts. Multiple failures will cause your application to be automatically screened out.
- A minimum of 3 Letters of Recommendation.
- All other requirements and documentation as specified by ERAS.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure his/her application in ERAS is complete.
If you are an IMG, in addition to the above:
- All eligible candidates must submit current PTAL (per California Medical Board) and ECFMG certification at the time of application. We will not screen applications if either of these is pending and we cannot interview IMGs without certification that meets these criteria. It is your responsibility to ensure your application is complete for review; if these items are pending but come through before December 1 please notify us. Please also be aware that our program is unable to sponsor any type of Visa.
- U.S. clinical experience is strongly recommended. Letters of recommendation from these experiences are very helpful.
We have the capacity to interview 150 candidates. Completed applications received on or after November 15th or after we have filled all our interview slots, whichever comes sooner, will be screened in the usual fashion and eligible applicants will automatically be placed on our Wait List. Those on our Wait List will be notified if an interview slot opens up. Applicants on the Wait List may appeal status. Completed applications received after December 1st will not be reviewed secondary to the sheer volume of applications we receive each season.
We are continually amazed at and honored by the enthusiasm and quality of our application pool and will do our utmost to interview all highly qualified applicants. Thank you for your interest in our program and please feel free to contact us if you have questions about the above information.