Thank you for your interest in our program. We will accept completed applications through ERAS for the 2016-2017 academic year from September 15, 2016 through December 1, 2016. All applications and support documentation must be submitted via ERAS only; we will not accept faxed, mailed, emailed, or hand-delivered copies. Below are our criteria for application.
- You must apply within 5 years of graduation from medical school. (For 2016-17, you must have graduated after September 14, 2011.)
- All eligible candidates must pass each step of USMLE and/or COMLEX within two attempts. Multiple failures will cause your application to be automatically screened out.
- A minimum of 3 Letters of Recommendation.
- All other requirements and documentation as specified by ERAS.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure his/her application in ERAS is complete.
If you are an IMG applicant, in addition to the above:
- All eligible candidates must submit current (within 12 months) PTAL certification (per California Medical Board) and approved ECFMG certification at the time of application. We will not screen applications if either of these are pending. We cannot interview IMGs without certification that meets these criteria. It is your responsibility to ensure your application is complete for review; if these items are pending but come through before December 1st, please notify us and we will try to re-review. Please also be aware that our program is unable to sponsor any type of Visa.
- U.S. clinical experience is strongly recommended. Letters of recommendation from these experiences are very helpful.
We have the capacity to interview 150 candidates. Completed applications received on or after November 15th or after we have filled all our interview slots, whichever comes sooner, will be screened in the usual fashion and eligible applicants will automatically be placed on our Wait List. Those on our Wait List will be notified if an interview slot opens up. Applicants on the Wait List may appeal status. Applications received after December 1st will not be reviewed secondary to the sheer volume of applications we receive each season.
We are continually amazed at and honored by the enthusiasm and quality of our applicant pool and will do our utmost to interview all highly qualified applicants. Thank you for your interest in our program and please feel free to contact us if you have questions about the above information at: email@example.com