Family Medicine Residency Program
Affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco
Department of Family & Community Medicine
Save the date: June 27, 2015
Celebrating 65 years of primary care physician education (1950) and 40 years as a Family Medicine residency program (1975).
The Contra Costa Family Medicine Residency Program is a training program located in the San Francisco Bay Area with more than 35 years of excellence in Family Medicine education. We serve a diverse patient population and are committed to caring for the underserved. Our goal is to produce leaders in clinical Family Medicine skilled in the full breadth and depth of our discipline.
Located in Martinez (pop. 30,000), an East Bay community just 35 miles from San Francisco and 20 miles from Berkeley, we are vigorously committed to primary care, teaching, care of the underserved, and the promise of family practice. We have no competing residencies, and our new and financially secure county hospital provides an ideal setting for training. This allows us to keep our focus on:
- Multicultural patients, including urban, rural, and suburban populations
- Excellence in educational experience
- High level of resident independence and responsibility
- Balance of inpatient and outpatient education, including
- Emergency medicine
- Intensive care
- Certification in ACLS, NALS, ALSO
- Night float system of call
- Average 160 obstetrical deliveries per resident
- Full-range obstetric care, including c-sections
- Surgical and surgical assisting experience
- Mastery of a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient procedures
- Three months electives, including international opportunities
Our residency is excited to announce that in July 2012, Contra Costa Health Services will go-live with a comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) system from Epic, which we are calling ccLink. We look forward to the many opportunities that this EHR will provide, such as improved care for our patients and increased opportunities for resident-driven Quality Improvement projects.