Contra Costa Mental Health Seeks Organizations to Provide Services
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Contra Costa Health Services´ Mental Health Division is accepting proposals from community-based organizations to provide prevention and early intervention mental health services in Contra Costa County. The Mental Health Division is looking for community-based organizations that are capable of providing the following types of services to people who are mentally ill:
- Support for underserved cultural communities
- Coping with trauma related to community violence
- Suicide prevention
- Support for older adults who are mentally ill
- Support for parents in families at risk of mental illness
- Support for families with children in the juvenile justice system
- Support for families experiencing mental illness
- Support healthy development in youths at risk of mental illness
A separate proposal must be written for each project.
When & Where:
A mandatory bidders´ conference will be held from 8:45 a.m. to noon March 2 in the South Room of the Willow Creek Center, 1026 Mohr Lane, Concord. The purpose of the bidders´ conference is to explain the requirements and answer all questions applicants may have regarding the requests. Proposals must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 3 to the MHSA Program Manager, Contra Costa Mental Health Administration, 1340 Arnold Drive Suite 200, Martinez, CA 94553.
Hard copies of each request can be obtained by contacting Contra Costa Mental Health at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-957-5151. Electronic copies are available on the Contra Costa Health Services website, www.cchealth.org
These proposals are for Prevention & Early Intervention funds provided by the state´s Mental Health Services Act, which was passed by voters in 2004.
# # #