Contra Costa Health Services Relocates Concord Community Flu Clinic Health Department Also Announces Rescheduled Clinic in East County
Only priority groups will receive vaccine
November 16, 2009
The community H1N1 and seasonal flu vaccination clinic planned for November 21 at Ygnacio Valley High School in Concord has been relocated to the Sleep Train Pavilion, 2000 Kirker Pass Road in Concord. The drive-through clinic will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
An East County clinic has been rescheduled as an indoor, walk-up clinic for Sunday, December 6, at the Pittsburg Health Center, 2311 Loveridge Road in Pittsburg from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The November 21 drive-through clinic in San Ramon will be held as planned from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the PG&E San Ramon Valley Conference Center, 3301 Crow Canyon Road.
Information is subject to change. Prior to attending a clinic check Contra Costa Health Services website: www.cchealth.org or call their prerecorded phone line at 1-888-959-9911 or 211 for updates.
H1N1 and seasonal flu vaccine will be available only for the following priority groups:
- H1N1 Priority Groups:
- Pregnant women
- All children ages 6 months through 4 years
- Children ages 5 through 18 years with chronic medical conditions
- People who live with or provide care for infants under 6 months of age (parents, siblings and daycare providers)
- Seasonal Flu Priority Groups:
- All people 60 years and older
- Pregnant women
- All people 4 years and older with chronic medical conditions
Chronic medical conditions include diseases of the lung (including asthma), heart, kidney (including diabetes) and liver, as well as neurologic disorders and immunosuppression.
# # #