Nutrition Classes and Workshops
Community Based Nutrition Education and Physical Activity
Promotora led nutrition education workshops and physical activity groups.
- Free health education classes taught in Spanish. These workshops help participants learn how to prepare nutritious meals, prevent illness and manage chronic diseases common among Latinos such as diabetes.
- Each class is taught over several weeks and also serves as a support group, motivating participants to be accountable, practice new skills and make lasting lifestyle changes.
- Walking groups, aerobic classes, interactive family sport games, and stress reduction yoga classes.
- For more information, contact Estela Cerda 925-427-8308
Led by the NEW Kids bilingual chef educator, cooking classes provide families the opportunities to learn how to prepare and cook healthy meals at home. Classes focus on incorporating fruits and vegetables into culturally appropriate meals for families and children. This is a summer only program.
- For more information call the NEW Kids hotline at 925-313-6860