Mental Health Commission
It is the responsibility of the Mental Health Commission to:
- Review and evaluate the community's mental health needs, services, facilities, and special problems.
- Review any County agreements entered into pursuant to Welfare & Inst. Code 5650.
- Advise the Board of Supervisors and the Contra Costa County Mental Health Director as to any aspect of the local mental health program.
- Review and approve the procedures used to ensure citizen and professional involvement at all stages of the planning process.
- Submit an Annual Report to the Board of Supervisors on the needs and performance of the County's mental health system.
- Review and make recommendations on applicants for the appointment of Contra Costa County Director of Mental Health Services. The Commission shall be included in the selection process prior to the vote of the Board of Supervisors.
- Review and comment on the County's performance outcome data and communicate its findings to the California Mental Health Planning Council.
- Perform other duties as authorized by the Board of Supervisors.
As part of its duties set forth above, the Commission shall assess the impact of the realignment of services from the State to the County, on services delivered to clients and in the local community.