West County Adult Mental Health Services
2523 El Portal Dr., Suite 103,
San Pablo, Ca 94806
Masters level trainees (MSW and MFT) for 1st and 2nd year students.
- Minimum of 16- 24 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- Placement available September through June
- Required attendance 1 hour group supervision per week
- Required attendance 1 hour individual supervision per week
- Required training day of 3rd Wednesday of the month from 9am-12pm for countywide trainings
- Required participation in a multi-disciplinary team
West Contra Costa County is a diverse community with residents who are comprised of Caucasian, African American, Latino American, and growing Asian American population. Providing culturally and linguistically appropriate treatment is what we aspire to do. Clients come to our clinic to receive medication support services, psychiatric nursing care, case management services, individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, socialization/ outings, and learn essential independent living skills.
Interns will learn crisis intervention skills, assessment and treatment planning, exposed to various treatment modalities, and differential diagnosis. Additionally, interns will have an opportunity to work with doctors, nurses, licensed therapists, and community support staff in an integrated and coordinated manner.
Mail or email cover letter and resume by 4/1/14 to:
Matthew Luu, LCSW Program Manager
West County Adult Mental Health
2523 El Portal Drive, Suite 101
San Pablo, CA 94806