West County Adult Mental Health Services
2523 El Portal Dr., Suite 103,
San Pablo, Ca 94806
2-3 Masters level trainees (MSW) for 1st and 2nd year students.
- Minimum of 16- 24 hours per week, 2-3 days/week
- Placement available September through June
- Required attendance: 1 hour group supervision and 1 hour individual supervision per week
- Required training day of 3rd Wednesday of the month from 9am-12pm for countywide trainings
- Required participation in a multi-disciplinary team
- 2nd year MSW will participate in weekly didactic group supervision on the Hospital campus in Martinez every Wednesday 9-12
- MSW trainees will be trained to co-facilitate our DBT group that meets on Thursdays.
West Contra Costa County Adult Mental Health serves a culturally diverse community. The services we provide are: medication support services, psychiatric nursing care, case management services, individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, socialization/outings, and learn essential independent living skills.
Interns will learn crisis intervention skills, assessment and treatment planning, be exposed to various treatment modalities, and differential diagnosis. Interns will have an opportunity to work with doctors, nurses, licensed therapists, and community support staff in an integrated and coordinated manner.
Mail or email cover letter and resume by 4/1/15 to:
Judy Quittman, LCSW/MPH
West County Adult Mental Health
2523 El Portal Drive
San Pablo, CA 94806
Phone (510) 215-3700
Fax (510) 215-3720