Behavioral Health Court
835 Castro St.
Martinez, CA 94553
- 2-3 MFT or MSW Interns
- 1 MFT or MSW 2nd year Trainee
- Required days: Monday 12:00-5:00, Tues 8:30-11:00, Thursday 8:30-12:30. 3rd Wednesday of the month 9-12pm for countywide intern trainings.
- Minimum weekly time: 20 hours (paid); up to 40 hours available/week
- Placement begins September 2017
- Placement experience includes opportunities for individual therapy, group therapy co-facilitation and facilitation, case management, comprehensive weekly clinical case conference, pre-court conference, treatment court, treatment planning, crisis intervention, forensic training and experience, detention access for interviewing/assessing inmates, coordination with psychiatrists and other treatment providers and visits to a variety of county and private providers.
The Behavioral Health Court (BHC) is a program for chronically mentally ill individuals with co-occurring disorders who have opted in to BHC rather than serve jail or prison time. The BHC has been in operation since 2007 and has the capacity to serve 25 male and female clients. The four phase program is a two year probationary treatment program based on a FACT model designed to treat mental illness, substance addiction and address criminal behaviors and lifestyle. The BHC provides clients with intensive clinical case management, mental health treatment, monitoring and supervision. Clients receive coaching in mental illness symptom management, medication management, health management, daily living skills, problem solving, interpersonal relationships and social skills, responsibility and accountability. The BHC assists with family reunification, independent living, development and promotion of individual strengths, skills, purpose in life. BHC is a trauma informed and DBT informed program.
Trainee will participate as a member of the treatment team, assist with community linkage, provide individual and group therapy, and daily case management. Weekly individual supervision, group supervision, and monthly county training is provided.
Applicants with training experience in mental health and substance abuse treatment are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send cover letter and resume with 2 letters of recommendation by 4/1/17 to:
Margaret Robbins, LCSW
Behavioral Health Court
835 Castro St., Martinez, CA 94553
Phone 925 646-1154
Fax 925 646-1155