Join Our Dynamic Team of Volunteers Today!
Would you like to help others and get more in return? Do you have four hours a week to give towards the well being of others? If so, there may be a place for you as a volunteer at Contra Costa Regional Medical Center and Health Centers.
Volunteers provide services to our patients, visitors, and staff. Volunteers enhance the quality of health care while adding to the quality of their lives. The personal rewards are immeasurable.
CCRMC has a dynamic volunteer program comprised of more than 200 volunteers ranging from age 16 to over 90 years of age. Our dedicated volunteers serve in more than 20 areas of the hospital, some directly with patients and visitors, and others in support areas.
Characteristics of Excellent CCRMC Volunteers
- Excellent Customer Service
- Comes in on a regular basis
- Goes above & beyond
- Puts patients & families first
- Commits to at least 200 hours within the calendar year
- Welcoming & Friendly
- Culturally Sensitive
- Great communication skills
Benefits of Volunteering
Research shows that volunteering improves your health in many ways - emotionally and even physically. It can also improve self-esteem, affirm personal values and aid in personal development. Volunteering helps you feel connected to your community and is a great opportunity for socialization. In addition to these wonderful benefits, we would also like to thank you in the following ways…
"Have a drink on us". Receive free coffee, tea or soda during your hours of service. Plus, you’ll receive a discount in our cafeteria on any meal purchases.
Shop ‘til you drop. Volunteers receive a discount at our gift shop.
Free flu shot. Volunteers receive a complimentary flu shot annually.
Be our guest. Attend our Auxiliary general meetings where you can gain valuable information on the volunteer program overall and topics focusing on health, changes in healthcare, volunteerism and much more.
Letter of reference. Volunteers can receive a letter of reference upon completion of your 200 hours of service.
Examples of CCRMC Volunteer Opportunities
Surgery Recovery (PACU- Outpatient: Weekdays (Until 4:00 p.m.)
- Make rounds to patient treatment area to determine any pending patient needs.
- Escort/transfer patients to and from PACU.
- Assist medical staff with room preparation.
Clerical Positions: Weekdays
- Assist hospital staff with basic clerical duties (filing, data entry, mailings, stocking supplies, etc.)
- Answering telephones and directing callers to appropriate resource, if necessary
- Operating various office equipment (Computer, Copy/FAX machine, paper shredder, etc.)
Art / Activity Cart: Daily
- The art/activity cart is designed to provide creative activity for patients and families that provide stress relief, decrease loneliness and anxiety. Volunteers bring art supplies, puzzles, books and magazines to patients and families.
Environmental Services: Daily
- Volunteers assist with completing patient room satisfaction surveys.
Healing Arts: Daily 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Musicians, artists, storytellers, clowns, etc. to entertain patients and guests on patient floors and lobby areas. (Baby grand piano provided in the lobby).
Infusion Clinic: Weekdays 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Greet patients, offer warm blankets, and assist with meal orders; assist patients with the use of iPads, assist in monitoring equipment usage, and provide one-on-one iPad tutorial assistance to patients.
Gift Shop (Weekdays, Evenings and Weekends)
- Greet customers, assist customers in selection of merchandise
- Gift-wrapping and stocking supplies
- Deliver flowers and gifts to patients' rooms
- Help sort and display merchandise
Ambassadors (Early morning shifts, weekdays and weekends)
- Serve as a greeter and escort for patients, visitors and all other guests entering the hospital.
- Provide general information to patients and visitors
- CCRMC recognizes the spiritual component of health and the healing process. Spiritual Care volunteers minister to the whole person from a spiritual perspective, and offers practical assistance to people either experiencing crisis or in need of support, and to their families. The Spiritual Care Team seeks to serve as a faithful. empowering presence to all patients, families, and staff. If you are interested in joining the Spiritual Care Team please complete the Spiritual Care application.
- Coach, comfort & support mothers during childbirth
- Support mother & baby bonding
- Promote healthy feeding of babies
- Complete a training & mentoring program provided by CCRMC
CCRMC Auxiliary is a volunteer-driven organization committed to providing volunteer and financial support to Contra Costa Regional Medical Center and Health Centers and the community it serves through outreach, education and fundraising.
Auxiliary members are men and women of all ages, occupations and backgrounds that have joined together to address the growing health needs of our community. Learn more about the Auxiliary or to Obtain Membership information.
Contra Costa Regional Medical Center
ATTN: Volunteer Coordinator
2500 Alhambra Avenue
Martinez, CA 94553