Managing Other Pests
Our Water, Our World Fact Sheets
These fact sheets were written for the Our Water, Our World project, which was originally developed by the Central Contra Costa Sanitary District.
- Ants (Hormigas)
- Aphids (Áfidos)
- Cockroaches (Cucarachas)
- Fleas (Pulgas)
- Mosquitoes (Mosquitos)
- Rats and Mice
- Snails and Slugs (Caracoles y babosas)
- Weeds (Malezas)
- Yellowjackets (Avispas amarillas)
- Finding a Pest Control Company (Cómo encontrar una compañía de control de plagas)
- Tips for a Healthy, Beautiful Lawn (Césped sano)
- Maintenance Tips for Pools, Spas, and Fountains
- Growing a Healthy Garden to Manage Pests (Jardín saludable)
- Wonderful Roses (Rosas maravillosas)
- Pesticide Use and Disposal (Uso y deshecho de pesticidas)
- Pesticides and Water Pollution (Los pesticidas y la contaminación del agua)
University of California Statewide IPM Program Pest Notes
This site contains the University of California's official guidelines for managing pests with environmentally sound methods. There are dozens of fact sheets and other resources not only on pests of the home, but also of lawns, flowers, fruits, and vegetables.
Contra Costa Mosquito & Vector Control District
This site contains a wealth of information on mosquitoes, rats and mice, skunks, ticks, yellowjackets and Africanized honey bees. You can sign up to receive their monthly newsletter and/or to be notified of any spraying for adult mosquitoes in the County.