Medi-Cal provides medical, dental, and vision insurance to low-income families in California.
- The Guide to Medi-Cal Programs, Third Edition, 2006 (California HealthCare Foundation)
Who Is Eligible?
- Adults who are 65 years of age or older
- Adults who are parents or caretaker relatives that have any children under 21 years of age living in your home
- Adults who are legally blind or disabled
- Children birth through age 20
- For full-scope Medi-Cal, citizenship or legal residency is required
- Undocumented children and young adults can receive coverage for emergency or pregnancy-related services
Medi-Cal covers dental services that are provided through Denti-Cal. To obtain a listing of Denti-Cal providers, call 1-800-322-6384 or visit the main Denti-Cal website.
How Much Does It Cost?
Costs for Medi-Cal services vary.
How Do I Apply?
Call toll-free 1-800-709-8348 in Contra Costa County or visit the Contra Costa Employment and Human Services Department Medi-Cal website.
State Medi-Cal website