For information about health coverage programs, call the Patient Financial Counseling at toll-free 1-800-771-4270 in Contra Costa County.
Why Is Health Insurance Important?
- Health insurance makes it easier for you to get health care when you need it.
- You don't need to worry about paying high health care bills.
- Children with no health coverage are more likely than insured children to go without health care services that they need, even when they have serious conditions.
- Children who are immunized and receive wellness check-ups do better in school.
- Visits to the Emergency Department are reduced.
See the various health coverage programs available in Contra Costa in the tabs below.
- Health Coverage for Contra Costa Residents
- Basic Health Care
- Low Income Health Program (LIHP)
- Family PACT
- Contra Costa Health Plan
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening
- Medi-Cal Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program
- IMPACT Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Operation Access
- Discounts and Charity Care
For Children and Youth
For Pregnant Women
- California Department of Aging
- Contra Costa Health Plan SeniorHealth Plans (Medicare Cost Plan)
- Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP)
For more information, call 1-800-510-2020