Contra Costa Health Services
Our mission is to care for and improve the health of all people in Contra Costa County with special attention to those who are most vulnerable to health problems.
Contra Costa Health Services is the largest department of County government, employing more than 4,250 individuals. Only 6% of the CCHS budget is from the County's general fund. The remaining 94% is supported by federal and state funding programs, such as Medi-Cal and Medicare as well as program grants and fees.
- We provide high quality services with respect and responsiveness to all.
- We are an integrated system of health care services, community health improvement and environmental protection.
- We anticipate community health needs and change to meet those needs.
- We work in partnership with our patients, cities and diverse communities, as well as other health, education and human service agents.
- We encourage creative, ethical and tenacious leadership to implement effective health policies and programs.