Joint Conference Committee
The Joint Conference Committee of the Board of Supervisors and Contra Costa Health Plan (CCHP) is the mechanism by which the Board of Supervisors exercises oversight of CCHP. All meetings of the Joint Conference Committee are open to the public because of the public nature of the Board of Supervisors.
See Meeting Agendas
- Promotes communication between the Board of Supervisors, the CCHP Quality Council, and CCHP administration.
- Assesses and monitors the overall performance of CCHP and its contracted providers including, but not limited to, the quality of care and service provided to members.
- Receives, evaluates, and makes recommendations to the Board regarding the reports and recommendations of the Quality Council. Such reports include reports regarding the current and on-going activities of the QM Department and are made on a quarterly basis or more frequently as may be required.
- Reviews, evaluates, and makes recommendations to the Board, annually or more frequently as required, regarding modification of the QMP and work plan, and implementation of the QMP and work plan.
- Receives, evaluates, and takes action with regard to reports from CCHP's QM Director and Medical Director regarding the current and on-going activities of the QM Department on a quarterly basis or more frequently as may be required. Any action taken by the Joint Conference Committee is subject to approval by the Board of Supervisors.
- Modifies, approves, and implements provider sanctions and contract terminations. Any action taken by the Joint Conference Committee is subject to approval by the Board of Supervisors
- Reviews, evaluates, and acts upon Medical Policy Guidelines, subject to the Board of Supervisors' approval.
- Receives and reviews quarterly reports regarding Appeals Committee activity.
- Receives and reviews reports on adherence to Privacy and Confidentiality regulations.
The Joint Conference Committee shall not exceed nine (9) members.
Two (2) members of the Board of Supervisors, appointed by the Board.
Two (2) physician members appointed by the Board from all CCHPprovider networks. To fill these positions, nominations will be solicited by announcing the vacancy to all providers. The CCHP Medical Director will select the candidates and one alternate and present them to the Board for approval. Terms are two years with unlimited reappointments.
A quorum requires 3 of 4 voting members in attendance. The physician alternate may vote in place of a physician member for the purposes of reaching a quorum.
CCHP Medical Director.
Director of Health Services of Contra Costa County.
CCHP CEO Executive Director.
Health Services Chief Financial Officer.
Chair, Managed Care Commission
The Chair is a member of the Board of Supervisors, elected annually.
At least quarterly and are open to the public, except for confidential matters that may be discussed and acted upon in executive session..
Conflict of Interest
Any individual who has been professionally involved in an issue or case may not participate in the review, evaluation, or final disposition of the case.