- A bad mix: Grapefruit and some drugs - June 10, 2013
- Press Release: Contra Costa Health Plan selected to participate in state insurance exchange - May 23, 2013
Contra Costa Health Plan is celebrating 40 years of caring for the people of Contra Costa County.
Check back often to learn about our celebration plans.
Q. How do I throw out old medicine?
A. Prescription and over-the counter drugs are meant to help you. But they can also be unsafe.
So be sure to get rid of any that are unused or expired. Read the information that came with the drug. If it gives directions for how to throw it out, follow them.
Before putting drugs in the trash:
- Take them out of the bottle.
- Mix them with kitty litter or coffee grounds.
- Put them in a bag or can so they don't leak.
That way kids and pets won't want them. And thieves won't know what they are.
If you want to know about a Specific drug, visit www.fda.gov
Source: U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Press Release: Contra Costa Residents Save $800,000 with Free Discount Prescription Card
Medi-cal Adult Optometry Benefits Reinstated
Effective July 26, 2010, the benefit for eye exams was restored in California by Court Order. The benefit for glasses was not restored. For more information, please use the link above.
- How to Access Mental Health Services