Underground Storage Tanks Program
Underground Storage Tanks (USTs) in Contra Costa County are used for the storage of many substances that may be considered as hazardous. The majority of these USTs contain petroleum products. The Contra Costa Health Services Hazardous Materials Programs (CCHSHM) is the designated local agency assigned to implement the program to protect the public health from exposure to hazardous materials stored in the USTs, including the protection of groundwater from contamination. Activities to obtain these objectives include annual inspections and the issuance of operating permits, which are also issued for UST system installation, removals, upgrades, and repairs. CCHSHM personnel witness specified phases of the work being conducted on the UST system to ensure that the work is conforming to plans approved by the CCHSHM.
- California Health and Safety Code Section 25280 et seq.
- California Code of Regulations Title 23, Section 2620 et seq.
- Contra Costa County Underground Storage of Hazardous Substances, Ordinance #90-122
- Annual Operating Permit Fees
- Construction, Removal, Upgrade/Repair Permit Fees
- Fines and Penalties
- Hourly Rate and Service Fees
- Contra Costa County Fee Ordinance #90-99
- 498 Active UST Facilities
All facilities must submit 2017 CUPA packet through CERS.
Enter here for CERS instructions
- Pipe and Tank Modification/Installation Application
- UST Installation Required Submittals Checklist
- UST Closure/Removal Permit
- UST Removal Guidelines
- Credit Card Payment Form