Contra Costa has joined 70 other communities across the U.S. working to quickly and efficiently reduce the number of veterans and chronically homeless people in need of permanent housing.
No matter who you are, you can help increase local opportunities to achieve zero veteran and chronic homelessness in your community. See the full list of all Zero:2016 Sub-Committees, with descriptions and meetings times.
We can't get to Zero without the active participation of our community's leaders.
- See how many veterans and chronically homeless people live in your community.
- To find out how you can get your community's number to Zero, contact the Zero: 2016 team at email@example.com.
- Take the pledge to reduce homelessness in your community and join the Zero: 2016 campaign.
Finding available housing units for our most vulnerable community members is a serious challenge. To achieve our goals, we need landlords willing to expand housing options for formerly homeless individuals and veterans.
- If you are a landlord, and you are interested in learning more about how to be a part of the solution, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video: Learn how landlords can be a part of the solution.
November 23, 2015
Video: Unlocking Doors
- Join our joint campaign with Zillow and become a Community Pillar.
Many people are concerned about homelessness in their community but aren't sure what they can do.
- Take the pledge to join the Zero: 2016 campaign and start spreading the word! Talk to your faith community, employer, local elected officials, friends and family about how get to Zero by 2016.
- Get involved.
- Are you a landlord or know anyone with open units? email email@example.com.
Do you work with chronically homeless or homeless veteran clients? Get in touch with the Zero 2016 campaign to learn more about coordinating efforts – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 925-313-7700.