- CCHS is committed to eliminating health disparities because our mission is to care for and improve the health of all who live in Contra Costa County with special attention to those who are most vulnerable to health problems. Disparities based on race, ethnicity, language, socio-economic status or other similar reasons are inconsistent with our mission.
- CCHS is committed to being respectful and responsive to all people we serve and with whom we work. This means we serve people in settings in which they can feel safe and comfortable; we provide services without discrimination and with respect for cultural and language differences; and we respect each other.
- CCHS recognizes that differences in race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, language, physical ability, socioeconomic class, education and many other factors can affect how we relate to patients, clients, customers, communities and each other.
- Health Services employees participate in training and related activities to increase our knowledge and appreciation of diverse cultures and to become comfortable and effective in a diverse environment.
- CCHS recognizes that beyond our differences lies a common purpose to work together to improve health.