Healthy Families America (HFA)
Healthy Families America is a national evidence-based program that aims to promote the health of pregnant women and their babies, improve birth outcomes, strengthen parent-child bonding, and create a healthy environment for the entire family by providing intensive home visiting services to families in Contra Costa County.
HFA offers on-going home visiting services 1-4 times per month to pregnant women during pregnancy and until the child's 3rd birthday.
Who is Eligible for HFA?
HFA serves Medi-Cal-eligible pregnant women receiving prenatal care in Contra Costa County. Women must be pregnant at the time of referral.
What Services Does HFA Provide?
Community Health Worker Specialists (CHWS) provide the following services:
- Education during pregnancy and early years of parenting
- Information about the growth and development of baby
- Support for parents to bond with their baby
- Help to create a safe and caring home for the family
- Assistance with community resources
All services are free and provided in English and Spanish regardless of immigration status.
Learn more about the Healthy Families America home visiting model.
How Can a Woman Access HFA Services?
- Pregnant women can be referred by their prenatal care or Healthy Start Program provider.
- Pregnant women can also self-refer by calling 925-313-6254 or faxing a completed Home Visiting Referral Form to 925-313-6910.
- Following the referral, pregnant women will be screened and assessed for HFA program eligibility.
For more information:
597 Center Avenue, Suite 365
Martinez, CA 94553 [Map & Directions]