Flu viruses are unpredictable and can change over time. A past flu vaccine may not protect you this year. We recommend that everyone 6 months and older get a flu vaccine each year.
For the 2014-2015 flu season, flu vaccine will provide protection against three or four flu viruses including H1N1 (swine flu). Some children under nine years of age may need two doses of flu vaccine at least one month apart.
Where to Get Vaccinated
Flu vaccine will be available throughout Contra Costa County beginning in the fall. Ongoing Public Health Immunization Clinics will begin offering flu vaccine by mid-October.
To get a flu vaccine:
For the General Public:
- Check with your regular health care provider
- Ongoing Public Health Immunization Clinics
- Community clinics will also offer flu vaccine - call the clinic for details.
- Kaiser members can call the Kaiser Flu Hotline: 1-800-573-5811 (1-800-KP-FLU-11).
- Pharmacies and grocery stores will have flu vaccine available
- flushot.healthmap.org (check selected clinic for details)