To ensure that quality emergency medical services are available for all people in Contra Costa County and that the medical care is consistent with best practices and evidence based medicine.
Participation includes EMS Medical Director, QI Coordinator and EMS staff assigned to clinical programs and representatives of BLS provider and first responder programs, Fire Districts with ALS and BLS programs; Medical Dispatch centers; Private ALS provider and Base Hospital and Trauma Center, Receiving Hospitals and Air Ambulance Providers.
Currently Hospital, Private ALS and Dispatch QI participation is facilitated by appropriate EMS Staff who act as QI liaison.
EMS Quality Improvement Plans
Contra Costa EMS System Oversight: Data, QI, Performance and Value
- HIPAA Local EMS Responsibility for Public Health Oversight (PDF)
- HIE Presentation (PDF)
- EMS Project Full Report (PDF)
- HIE Grant Report (PDF)
- EMSA Grant Stories (PDF)
QI Annual Reports
- Mid-Year QI Report - 2010 (PDF)
- Annual QI Report - 2008 (PDF)
- Annual QI Report - 2007 (PowerPoint)
- Quality Improvement Report Executive Sumary - January-December 2007 (PDF)
- EMS Quality Improvement Program (EQIP) Annual Report - January-December 2007 (PDF)
Contra Costa EMS
1340 Arnold Drive, Suite 126
Martinez, CA 94553
Office Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday