Paramedic Accreditation Process
All candidates for paramedic accreditation in Contra Costa County shall meet the following accreditation requirements:
- Possess a current California paramedic license.
- Be employed as a paramedic with a designated ALS service provider or the EMS Agency.
- Attend a Contra Costa EMS Orientation provided by the provider agency and approved by the EMS Agency or provided by the EMS Agency.
- Successfully complete the Contra Costa County EMS Optional Scope Skills Session provided by the provider agency.
- Complete a Paramedic Accreditation Application, (PDF) form, available online or at the provider agency or the EMS Agency.
- Pay the established accreditation application fee (PDF).
Accreditation to practive shall be continuous as long as:
- State licensure is maintained,
- Employment as a paramedic with a designated Contra Costa ALS service provider or the EMS Agency is maintained,
- A current and valid ACLS card, according to the standards of the American Heart Association, is maintained,
- Verification of skills competency (PDF) is completed every two years, and,
- Complete a Paramedic Re-Accreditation Application, (PDF) form, available online or at the provider agency or the EMS Agency.
- Any other local requirements are met.
Documentation that the above requirements to maintain accreditation have been met must be submitted with an application prior to expiration of the paramedic's license.