EMS for Children (EMSC)
The Contra Costa EMS for Children (EMSC) Plan has been updated (2009). Input and recommendations on how to improve the care of pediatric patients in our EMS system is included in the new plan. The following documents and links are designed to assist you in supporting Local EMS for Children goals in our community. Thank you for participating in our EMSC Plan review and update process.
Pat Frost, EMS Director
Read the Plan
Contra Costa 2009 EMSC Program Plan Documents - January 1, 2009
- Pediatric Surge Quick Reference Guide (Los Angeles County)
- Pediatric/Neonatal Disaster Reference Guide: "Bridging the Gap Between EMS and Hospital Care"
- California EMSC documents
- Emergency First Aid Guidelines for California Schools Document #196
- Safely Surrender Site Personnel Training
- Need Pediatric and Neonatal Disaster Preparedness Info go to sites.google.com/site/pedineonetwork/
EMSC Advisory Committee
The EMSC Advisory Committee consists of multidisciplinary representatives from the Contra Costa EMS community and pediatric community. The committee acts to review and support Contra Costa County EMSC program. The Advisory Committee was formed in 1999 to develop the 2002 Contra Costa EMS Plan. Membership includes representatives from all of our receiving hospitals, pediatricians and pediatric emergency department experts, pre-hospital first responder and transport agencies and community groups. The committee is coordinated by an EMSC coordinator in collaboration with the EMS Medical Director. In 2007 the EMSC Advisory Committee was re-established and reviews issues electronically. EMSC Advisory feedback is appropriately addressed and integrated as part of various groups such as Medical Advisory Committee and Quality Improvement Committee and Facilities. The EMSC Advisory Committee welcomes input and participation from interested parties. For more information contact our office.