AED / Public Access Defibrillation (PAD)
Thank you for your interest in placing an AED (Automated External Defibrillator). Early Defibrillation has been proven to improve survival from out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrest.
You can make a difference!
The following information will assist you in developing and implementing a Public Access Defibrillation Program. If you have any questions contact the PAD Coordinator at 925-646-4690.
- Implementation Guide (PDF)
- FAQs (PDF)
- Lay Rescuer AED Regulations (PDF)
- California Statues Pertaining to AEDs (PDF)
- Being an AED Responder (PDF)
- Sample Policy (PDF)
- Sample Press Release (PDF)
- AED Manufacturers List (PDF)
- AED Consultant, Distributor and Training (PDF)