The Plan Review team ensures that all construction or remodeling of food and recreational health facilities (including swimming pools, spas, spray parks and water parks) conform with health, safety and sanitation requirements.
Here is a sample of the kinds of projects that require Plan Review:
- New construction of a food facility or recreational health facility
- Remodeling of a food facility or recreational health facility
- Replacement or installation of hood or equipment
- Replacement or installation of floors/walls/ceilings
- Modifications to sumps, plumbing or equipment in swimming pool/spa facilities
If you aren't sure if you need to submit plans, contact us at email@example.com or 925-692-2500.
New and Updated Information for Food Facility Plan Review
- Application | Word
- Plan Review Pamphlet
- Plan Check Construction Guide for Food Facilities
- Plan Check Construction Guide for Swimming Pools and Spas
- Check your plan review status online. (New plan submittal packets will be available as downloads from the website. Contact us for multiple packets)
- Retail food and public pool and spa plan review will only require 1 set of plans initially. 4 sets will be required for final approval.
- A Plan Reviewer is available Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. No appointment necessary, first come, first served.
- Additional consultation appointments may be made at the hourly rate.
- Only complete "Incidental" food facility plans may be approved over the counter by the desk duty plan reviewer.
- Translation services for plan review questions available by appointment
- New FAQs
- Detailed contact information for members of the plan review staff.
Contra Costa County Environmental Health is responsible for ensuring that all construction or remodeling of food and recreational health facilities conform to the requirements stated in the California Health and Safety Code.
Plan Review Documents
Checklists, guidelines, specifications.
|Equipment Approved For Self-Service Soda Dispensers|
|Hot Water Demand||MS Word|
|Hot Water Demand calculator||MS Excel|
|Hot Water Demand For Tankless / Instantaneous Water Heaters||MS Word|
|Hot Water Demand For Tankless Water Heaters calculator||MS Excel|
|Pool and Spa Plan Check Submittal Checklist||MS Word|
|Floor Materials For Retail Food Facilities|
|Incidental Prepackaged Retail Food Facility, Quick Checklist|
|Plan Check Submittal, Quick Checklist|
|Remodel Checklist for AB1020 Review|
|Requirements for Hood Plans||MS Word|
|Hood Worksheet||MS Word|
|Indirect Waste Drainage||MS Word|
Display of these files require's Google Sketchup. =[ download Sketchup ]
|Virtual Kitchen model||SKP|
|Floor sink (integral)||SKP|
Please see the Plan Review Fees.
Plan Review email: PlanCheckEH@hsd.cccounty.us
- Department of Conservation & Development (DCD)
- Building Inspection Division
- Bay Area Air Quality Management District Charbroiler Compliance Advisory
- Regulation 6: Commercial Cooking Equipment
- NSF Product and Service Listings
- Contra Costa County Cities
- Contra Costa Central Sanitary District
- Delta Diablo Sanitation District
- Ironhouse Sanitary District
- Mt. View Sanitary District
- Rodeo Sanitary District
- Stege Sanitary District
- CCDEH CalCode Information