Communicable Disease Programs fight the spread of contagious diseases in Contra Costa County. We work to contain diseases by:
- Investigating who is sick and who else might get sick
- Offering vaccines
- Providing case management services to those who are sick
- Ordering lab tests to confirm the presence of a disease or virus
- Educating health providers and the public
- Collecting data on diseases
We also play a critical role in planning how to protect people in case of a public health emergency such as a flu pandemic.
For Schools & Child Care
Contra Costa Public Health Division
597 Center Avenue, Suite 200A
Martinez, California 94553
Physicians who need to report a suspected public health emergency should contact the Public Health division immediately at 925-313-6740; or after hours, call the sheriff's dispatch at 925-646-2441 and ask for the Health Officer On Call.